Friday, August 21, 2015

Welcome to Georgia

So the day had finally come. MOVING DAY! I love going to a new location but this one was especially exciting. Not only because my foot was better but we were going to GEORGIA! Not sure why I love the idea of Georgia so much but I do. I think it is the whole older Southern Belle image. The whole thought of saying " Why I do declare." while sitting on a rocking chair on a porch sipping some sweet tea on a warm summer day. Except I hate both summer and sweet tea. LOL But it SOUNDS nice. Plus Savannah is in Georgia and I have always wanted to go there. So needless to say I was giddy with excitement.

It wasn't a very long drive, The Hubby has about a 200 mile radius. So we got started and drove through mostly back roads. At one point we got to a busy area and we started seeing all these wooden shacks on the side of the road. I had NO CLUE what they were. They was literally one every 20 feet or so on BOTH sides of the road. Then finally some of them started having people at them. They were Sweet-grass Basket stands. I had never heard of these before and really wish I could have stopped but I was following The Hubby and I had no cash on me. I really wanted to find them again while we were in GA but I never saw the stands anywhere else. I got Cat Boy to take some pictures as we were driving by so forgive the quality. It really was one of the coolest things I have seen. I love just driving to our next location never knowing what we will see along the way.


When we got to the campground we quickly set up and headed out to our traditional new location dinner of Mexican. We needed gas and were lucky there was a gas station at the corner. Till we pulled up. I about died I was laughing so hard. The Hubby was wondering what kind of backwards town I took him to. The gas station didn't accept credit cards at the pump. You had to go inside. LOL I didn't even know they had places like that anymore. Again, you just never know what you will see.

After dinner we ran over to Walmart to get some stuff and I saw yet ANOTHER thing I never knew existed. A FIVE POUND tub of sour cream!!! FIVE POUNDS!!!! Who needs five pounds of sour cream? I mean even if I made a lot of dip for a party I don't need that much. So yeah, I needed a picture. Still to this say I have no clue what one does with that much sour cream. So if you know please leave me a comment and educate me on the ways of the 5 pound bucket of sour cream!

No comments: