Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Super Bowl and playground fun

We got to the new RV park the day before the Super Bowl. We were told they were having a pot luck party for the Super Bowl and were welcome to come. We didn't care about the teams playing but always welcome a chance to get out and meet people at the places we are staying. So I went to the store that morning to get some food to make to bring. The kids were super excited and were counting down till the party. When I got home The Hubby came out with Princess. She had changed her outfit. Yes, that is a Build A Bear shirt she is wearing! LOL I made some BLT dip and brownies and headed over when it was time for the game to start. There were about 10-15 people there and a couple of kids for the kids to play with. We all grabbed some food and I tried my first pineapple and mayo sandwich. Apparently this is a thing in the south though there is a debate on how to make it. I was the only one in the family brave enough to try it and I Will say it wasn't bad. It isn't anything I will make on purpose but it wasn't bad. Princess loved the half time show and enjoyed dancing for everyone in front of the screen. Yeah, we are in trouble with her. The boys spent most of the time in the back playing carpet ball.
The next afternoon we took advantage of it not raining and checked out the little park there. They have a couple swings, those big black tubes which are fun to lay in as someone rolls you around, a slide that you can only get to by climbing a rock wall, ( no fun with Princess but we managed), and of course one of our favorites, tether-ball. We didn't stay a long time because it was pretty nippy out and mommy doesn't like cold. That is why I was trying to go south as fast as I could.

No comments: