Friday, September 11, 2015

Museum of Arts and Sciences Macon, Ga

One of the favorite things my kids love to do is check out new museums. Since we have the ASTC membership this is a nice usually free thing to do. FREE is my favorite word! So I went ahead and found us the Macon Museaum of Arts and Sciences. I always wonder how nice these places are going to be when they are in smaller towns. I don't know why I am always so shocked when we find a really nice museum and the one in Macon was no exception.

We started int he little art gallery they had. Monkey really loved this section as he loves art. We had a nice time talking about the paintings, how they were made, what they might mean, and what they made us think/feel.

Next we headed to an area with a section where were got to make butterflies with tissue paper squares, saw different butterflies mounted in boxes, a big polar bear, and more.


Then we headed upstairs where they had a little play area. There were puzzles, art stuff, things to build, this cool light/screen thing where it made your shadow in different colors, these huge metal ball mirror things, and more. We actually went here twice during the visit. It was really fun up there.
After playing we headed outside for a bit to let Princess run around and Monkey finish his lunch before the animal show was due to start. They had a caboose outside which is my FAVORITE but sadly we could not go in it. So the kids just played around it and killed some time before the show.

We then went inside for the animal show. The brought out this bird Georgia. She was soooooo funny. I took some videos of her talking to us. Then they asked for a volunteer. The Boy got picked and had to hold something in his hand but they didn't tell him what it was. Well the video speaks for itself. He has learned to NEVER volunteer himself again! LMAO! Then they brought out the snake. Princess was in LOVE.



We then went to the basement level to dig for dinosaurs, work in the weather station, and learn about sound.

Last we stuck around till the guy came to run the gyroscope. Monkey was to short and The Boy and Cat Boy were wearing flip flops. You needed sneakers and thinkfully they have big feet so could fit in my sneakers. So I took my shoes off and let them use them. The Boy went first and LOVED it. I took video, it is long so I won't bore you with it. Cat Boy decided he was not ready to ride it just yet and that was just fine with me. He will do it when he is ready.


Overall it was a great day. We had a really great time and would not hesitate to go again. I would highly recommend it if you are every in the Macon area.

No comments: