Friday, August 7, 2015

Monkey cooks, The Hubby has a birthday, and I get my cast off!!

Monkey loves to cook. He loves to make up stuff and see how it tastes and he loves to just help in the kitchen. I guess you can call it Home Ec. :) He knew daddy's birthday was coming up so he wanted to perfect his pancakes. So he made us all pancakes one morning to practice. He also made himself a grilled cheese for lunch. I will say he did better then I do. I may have been to culinary school but I burn grilled cheese ALL the time. I get distracted and forget I am cooking it until it is to late. My poor kids, I don't even make a new one because I know I will just burn that one too. So I just scrape off the burnt part and serve it to them. Yeah, I am that mom.


We mostly just hung around the RV for the next few weeks. It was kinda chilly out and with me still having my cast on it was just better to stay at home. We did make it out to the park a few times for the kids to play. I was able to crutch my way down there but still had to make sure The Hubby was with the help with Princess. She wanted to be big like the other boys and go weeeeee in the big swing. I really enjoyed being able to sit at the park, watch the kids play, and hear the ocean all at the same time.


The Hubby's birthday was highly anticipated by Monkey. He was up bright and early trying to get me out of bed so I could supervise the pancake making. I got up and helped him get everything he needed to make the pancakes. I helped very little and most everything was done by him. He is pretty good at cracking eggs even. Monkey was very proud of his pancake pile and The Hubby said they were delish. Since The Hubby's birthday was on a week day we had gone out to dinner over the weekend. Monkey was insistent on making his daddy's birthday dinner as well so he made daddy tacos since that is another dish he can make with almost no help. He even cuts up all the fixings. It was a low key day but I think The Hubby enjoyed it.


FINALLY! The day had come. The day I was hopefully going to get my cast off. I slept like crap the night before because I was so worried they would not take it off. The Hubby said I was being silly but I couldn't help but worry. I went in, they cut off my cast, they x-rayed me, and I waited. It was the LONGEST wait ever. I poked at my foot, moved it, ect while I waited. It felt fine. I knew it had to be fine. Then the doctor came in. Asked me how I was doing, if I had any pain, ect. I told him it felt great. He then dropped the bomb. He wanted me to keep it on another 2-4 weeks. I felt like I had just got sucker punched. I was CRUSHED! I am not going to lie, my eyes welled up with tears and I started to cry a little. I let him know how crushed I was. That I was hoping to move to the boot so we could move on and get to a new location. How The Hubby was supposed to be going out of the country in a few weeks and when I had called asking his assistant she was sure I would be good. That if I had to be in a cast and still not driving and he had to be gone I would need to go be close to family in VA or KY. He took pity on me and said we could try moving to the foot well wrapped and with the boot but still with NO weight bearing for 2 weeks then re-evaluate. That way I could sleep better, shower, and not feel so hopeless. I was very relieved! Turns out The Hubby didn't have to go out of town so that was a relief. I went back in 2 weeks and I was cleared to start walking on it and even better MOVE! I had to walk with the boot a couple more weeks but it was so much better then having the crutches!


When I got home the first thing I did was make a mixture of Jojoba oil, lavender, and frankincense, and rub it all over my leg and foot. My skin was SO dry and nasty. It was insane how dry your skin can get. I lathered all the oil on me, put my boot on and went about my day. About 4 hrs later I took my boot off to put more oil on and I was AMAZED a the difference. So much of the bead skin was in my boot eewwww gone and the rest just rubbed right off. It was soooo gross but I Was amazed at how well my Young Living Oils had helped. I took the after pictures when I took my boot off that first time. I did end up putting more oil on after the picture just to give my skin a little more of a drink but that was it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these oils.

No comments: