Monday, August 3, 2015

Merry Christmas

As usual I was up before everyone else. I still get so excited for Christmas. Not for myself but for the kids. I love seeing their faces when they come into the room. I love watching them squeal with excitement when they get something cool. I love how the love seeing what everyone else got. I love the hours we get to sit and play with everything without having to worry about anything else. I love all the chocolate. I just love the whole feeling of the day.

This year the kids knew Christmas would be scaled down. We just do not have room in the RV for a ton of toys they won't play with. They know they prefer a select few toys anyway so they really didn't have a problem with this. I enjoyed it too because I knew they were getting stuff they really wanted, not just stuff they kinda thought was cool. We started with stockings like always. Each yeah everyone gets a new ornament in their stocking. It is always one of the favorite items. The kids also got band-aids, pringles, candy, and some other random fun stuff.

They Boy had been asking for an electric blanket so he was thrilled when he got it. Their Aunt Melissa got them all Snackeez cups and they were a huge hit. My mom got Princess a Frozen blanket which she loved. She got me and hubby a cover for our stove top. It is AMAZING. We get so much more counter space with it which is HUGE in a RV. Santa brought Princess a bunch of Color Wonder stuff and she colored for HOURS each day for days straight! Cat Boy had got his My Password Journal so he was happy. Monkey loved his new scooter. I got The Hubby some stuff to making working in bed easier. A big back pillow and a little table to hold his laptop, and a few other things. I got a Coach wristlet a bit early because it made it easier to get around with that instead of my big purse. I also got a portable Bluetooth speaker for me car. My dad got us all a year membership to a museum with reciprocal membership privileges to HUNDREDS of museums, zoos, and aquariums all over the country. Overall I think everyone was very happy with their haul.


After a few hours we went over to the condo that The Hubby's parents were renting. Princess got an Ella doll and an Olaf with an Olaf blanket. Can you guess her favorite movie? LOL Just a slight theme here. The boys all got fishing poles. The older 2 also got taken to Game Stop to get a game and Monkey got a J' Animal. (They didn't have a monkey.) He was so excited that his Ya Ya listened and got him one. He wore it EVERYWHERE for days. I got a new comforter that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SOFT! I love it! I also got some other odds and ends. But did I mention my SUPER SOFT comforter? Because it is SO SOFT! The Hubby got a Wi-fi booster antenna and some other stuff. He was playing with his new toy in no time.


At some point all the boys and Princess went down to the beach. It was such a nice view watching them all play from the balcony. How often do you get to look out onto the ocean while your kids play in the sand on CHRISTMAS? Man I love this life! The Hubby also wrote a nice little message for me in the sand. It said HI LISA with a heart. See, sometimes he can be sweet. :)


Cat Boy was ready to go home before everyone else so The Hubby drove me, him, and Princess home. He had had enough stimulation for the day and needed some time to just chill and re-group. I love that he has come so far that he can not recognize this and articulate it instead of just getting past the point of no return and having a mega meltdown. Don't get me wrong, we still have mega meltdowns but they happen MUCH less often then they used to. As always he had to give his kitty, Bubbles, some love. Cats are his thing after all.

No comments: