Thursday, October 13, 2016

Visiting my MIL's CSA farmer

When I went to grab the kids from my MIL it was the day she picks up her goodies from the farmer, Crooked Row Farm, up the road. Zoey and I tagged along and I was really glad I did. He had a great set up. He has signs telling you how much of each you get with your share and some items were even take what you wanted. The tomatoes on the table for the share were beautiful and then he has tables full of "uglies" that you could take what you wanted. Same with some other stuff. 

He also had local honey and a fridge/freezer with things. He was out of cheese but had some eggs which my MIL swears by. He also had some frozen meat. I grabbed some jowl bacon which I had never had. I grabbed some to make green beans and bacon with and it was AMAZING. I also got some steaks. You know the picture of us grilling the steak over the fire? Yeah that steak was from here. We got some breakfast sausage links too which everyone just gobbled up. I still have some Italian sausage in the freezer. 

When we were walking to the car I spotted to CUTEST little minature picnic tables. If we didn't live in a RV I would have totally bought one. 

If you are in the Lexington KY area I would recommend contacting Thomas and seeing if he has any openings. 

Where everything is stored. 

Look at all the yummy tomatoes



Aren't these the CUTEST?!?!?!

Yummy yummy veggies

See the potatoes? Zoey wanted all the "baby" ones.

Doesn't it all look so good?

No comments: