Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Lil' Charlie's

Eric's parents had all the kids for a couple days so Eric and I took advantage and went out a bunch. For out first night we decided to try a little brewery in Batesville, Lil' Charlie's Restaurant and Brewery. Now, I have to tell you neither Eric of I drink beer. So don't look for a review of their brew-skies. 

For an appetizer we ordered potato skins. My two favorite foods in this world are potatoes and cheese so this is my jam. They came out with some tangy red sauce, Bull Ram sauce, as well that was good but I am more of a classic girl with the sour cream and salt. Overall they were very tasty. Eric ordered the Jamaican Jerk burger and really liked it. I did get a bit and it was nummy. Definitely an order again meal. I had the fish and chips. It came out as chunks not the fillets I was expecting and it was just okay. There really was not much flavor in them and some were just mostly breading. I would not order them again. The tarter sauce was good and the cole slaw was not good. Fries were delish though. They also have coke products so that was good. I used to be a Pepsi girl but then they went and messed up the diet pepsi. 

Overall we would return. The place was nice and most of the food was good. Being able to sit in the bar area next to where they make the beer was nice. They also have an outdoor seating area which is nice. 

Mmmmmmm potato skins

Jamaican Jerk Burger

Fish and Chips

No comments: