Thursday, September 29, 2016

Skyline Chili

So Eric wanted to head to Skyline Chili one day for lunch. Okay, sure. I have never been but people say it is good so I was game. We sat down right under a TV because the Olympics were on and it was the synchronized swimming. Zoey is just amazed by it so we sat there so she could watch. She was a bit cranky and wanted no part of the crackers they bring to the table. She wouldn't pick what to eat and was just being a stinker. I was looking over the menu deciding which way to get my chili. While talking about all the cheese some guy had on his Zoey decided her lunch would be a bowl of cheese and cracker. Whatever makes you happy kid. I decided to get my Spaghetti Chili with cheese and onions. Don't ask me what way that was. I don't remember. Eric just got a pain bowl of chili. 

Our food came and Zoey was thrilled with her cheese. Sorry to whoever had to clean up the floor after her. I was thrilled with the pile of cheese on mine. As much as that guy who got extra cheese SOUNDED good it would have made a HUGE mess. I was a bit worried when the waitress asked if I wanted a bib. I said no but worried I should have said yes. I mean even if it wasn't messy Eric would have hated it so that is always a plus in my book. LOL Anyway I dug in and took my first bite. I wasn't sure what to think. It was okay, had a weird taste to it but I kept going. Apparently there is cinnamon and chocolate in it. Now I am as big a fan of chocolate as the next female but apparently not in my chili. I ate it, I was hungry. Eric enjoyed his bowl or chili and Zoey loved her cheese but I can't see myself going there again. I mean sure give it a shot if you have never been. The place was busy and everyone else seemed to like it, but personally it was not for me. At least now I can say I have tried it. 

Zoey loved her bowl of cheese. The cheese was really nummy.

My spaghetti chili plate.

No comments: