Monday, September 26, 2016

Moving from Tennessee to Indiana

We decided to leave thousand Trails Natchez Trace earlier then we had planned. Eric was getting tired of working from the rec center and we wanted to get through Indiana before it started getting to cold. We knew we would be in Indiana for 6 weeks so we had to get moving. In case you haven't realized yet, I don't do cold. Yes, I grew up in IL. Yes we lived in DC, VA, and MD. Yes, those are all cold places with snow. Being used to it does NOT mean I like it. So anyway we decided to hit the road. It was a bit odd not having the boys there. I missed my helpers. We all have our jobs on moving day and it was weird having to do it all. 

It was a short move. Less then 200 miles. We try and stay under 400 miles when we move. We only average about 50 miles per hour and so that makes for a long day. We took off and stopped shortly for gas. As we were pulling into the gas station I noticed something dangling under the rig. I follow behind Eric to stay with him and to keep a look out for anything odd. This was odd. So I hooked up to the gas station and went to tell Eric what I saw. He opened the front section and sure enough there it was handing down. A bolt had some loose and part of the horn was hanging down. I opened up a compartment and pulled out some zip ties for Eric to secure it. This did the trick and it was all fixed. It has held up so far so that is good. 

At this point I went and put the gas hose back and Eric checked his fill up. He was still not full but the pump had stopped. That is the problem when your tank holds like 80 gallons. So I had to go inside and stay there while he filled up so they knew we were not pumping and dashing. We got all filled up and hit the road. A few hours later we were at our new spot at Thousand Trails Indian Lakes. 

About to head out. 

Eric fixing the horn piece that fell. 

It makes me laugh how you get to the engine.

Checking to make sure it is nice and tight. 

All fixed.

We had to enter Kentucky for a few miles

We found Indiana

No comments: