Friday, July 17, 2015

The day two things broke

So the day before Thanksgiving I woke up and went to take a shower. The water was just kinda luke warm. I figured I didn't give the water heater time to heat up or something. I just took a fast shower and waited a bit to wash some dishes. The water was still not hot so I let Eric know it was busted and I got on the computer to google what could be wrong and ask some people on my RV boards on Facebook. He was working so I figured I would try and fix it myself. I'm pretty handy. I went outside to look at the water heater to make sure everything looked fine and release some of the pressure in the release valve. Waited a bit and it was still no go. Checked to see if some things were loose. Nope, everything looked good. Came back in and watched a video on you tube. Stepped back outside to remove a cover like in the video and see what it looked like and boom, I fell off the bottom step.

Now, this isn't a rare occurrence. Me and stairs, or flat pavement for that matter, are not friends. I am a klutz. I am shocked The Hubby even lets me get our of bed when I am pregnant. However this time was different. This time there was some MAJOR pain. I could not get back up. I yelled Owwwww. I yelled for help. I yelled for the hubby who was on the phone with his boss. (Sorry hun, I know bad timing) Thankfully I had not shut the door yet so he heard me just fine (pretty sure some neighbors did too) and I heard him tell his boss. "Sorry I have to go my wife fell. I have to see if she is okay." Yes, I head the tone, lol. Yes it was filled with, Oh God what did she do now? I know the tone. I get the tone often. (See the I am a klutz part above) So The Hubby came out and I of course told him "I've fallen and I can't get up". He helped me up and somehow we managed to get me up the RV steps without me stepping on my foot and then I crawled to the couch. I put my foot up and he got me a nice bag of broccoli rabe for my foot. After a few minutes I tried to wiggle my foot and toes. Yeah, BAD idea. We tossed around the idea of going to ER, Urgent Care, or just waiting and seeing how I was in a few hours. I decided to wait, because when you are a klutz you get used to hurting yourself. Plus the idea of dragging 4 kids to Urgent Care for nothing is not a good one. So about an hour later I looked at my foot and it was a bit swollen but no huge bruising. I still could not move it so we figured we might as well hit urgent care before they closed, being the day before Thanksgiving and all. So it took a LONG time but we finally got me into the van. Did I mention we have a 12 passenger van? Do you know how HIGH up those things are? Yeah, not cool.

We got me to urgent care and I make The Hubby go get me a wheelchair. We get all checked in and they call me back. Cat Boy of course has to go with me because he wants to be sure he doesn't miss anything and also to make sure I am okay. Here is me waiting for them to come get me for my x-ray making a lovely "I gotta BOO BOO!!!" face. Yeah, The Hubby is a lucky man. LOL Also please excuse the outfit....I figured jeans would be a bad thing to wear so I wore The Hubby's sweatpants from when he was in the Navy.
They take me back for x-rays and were really good answering all the questions Cat Boy had about what they were doing and wanting to see at the x-rays. The verdict was I broke the 5th Metatarsal on my right foot. It was a Jones fracture. You know, the rare kind. The kind that is hardest to heal. The one dancers break. I am so NOT a dancer. I am surprised it took me this long to break a bone. So I got all wrapped up. Was given a set up crutches and sent on my way to try and find an orthopedic that would see me the day after Thanksgiving. (There were none) The doctor was nice and took my phone in the other room and took pictures of my x-rays so I could have them.
We got home and I settled on the couch. We still had no hot water and now I was gimpy so I couldn't even go shower int he bathhouse like everyone else could. Though The Hubby seems to think I could of. Yeah, let's have the klutz go take a shower with a broken foot, in a bathhouse all alone. I apparently can not function with two feet and you want me to shower alone with one foot? Yeah, not a good idea.
Follow

No comments: