Monday, July 20, 2015

My first weekend with a broken foot

So since I broke my foot the day before Thanksgiving no orthopedic doctor could get me in until Monday. So most of the weekend was spent just laying around trying not to hurt myself more.

The Hubby was trying to fix the water heater for me so I could wash my hair without using the electric kettle. He had run to the store to get a part and I saw a puddle on the floor by the sink and hot water heater. So I slid down onto the floor to clean it up. Luckily it wasn't a huge mess and just needed to be cleaned up.

Sadly The Hubby got home with the part we thought it was but it didn't help. He replaced it anyway and removed some other covers looking for what was wrong. He found it all right. See the piece that looks like it has electrical tape on it? Yeah, that is melted wire. Oops. It was getting later in the day so we decided he would go out tomorrow and try and find the parts. This ended up taking a few days but he got it fixed. I am so thankful to have a hubby that is handy.

The hubby went and grabbed lunch while he was at the store too since we needed to grocery shop. He stopped for Chick-Fil-A, or as we call it Chick a moo. Monkey called it that once upon a time since there are cows everywhere and it was so cute it stuck. So years later we still call it that. Anyway, The Boy took his bun off to add more hot sauce to his spicy chicken sandwich and discovered his was int he shape of a heart. Awwww

The Hubby had also rented a gold cart for the weekend. He was like a kid driving all over the campground in that thing. He took the kids on more rides then I could count and I even hobbled out for a few rides. I sat in the golf cart while everyone played at the park. Princess loved riding in it and would yell WHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEE the whole time.

I had to figure out how to make dinner without having to hobble back and forth so we brought in a camp chair so I could sit right next to the oven. Princess of course thought this had to be just for her so often I had to fight her for the chair.

No comments: