Saturday, July 25, 2015

Nailed it.....or not

So I ran into Walgreens the other night and decided on a whim I would paint my nails to look like Minnie Mouse. I mean how hard could it be right? Yeah, famous enough last words. I am going to share with you the horror that is my manicure. I forgot how bad I was at painting my nails. Now everyone will know my secret. I paint nails with the skill of a 3 year old! I did two coats of polish on both my toes and hands. I then took this picture of my hand to show step one.

I then realized just how awful of a job I did. I would like to use the excuse that I did this in my bed by the light of my phone, but let's be honest here. It would have looked the same in broad daylight. After I saw how bad I did I managed to cover up the spots I had missed and went on to do the dots. I did my big toe and was so tickled at how cute it was I quickly tucked that foot under my leg to do my other big toe. Yeah, it took me all of two seconds to realize what an idiot I was. Of course that toe was ruined. So I fixed it, did the other toe, and moved on to my fingers. My original plan was to just do some accent nails. However when they were done they just looked off, so I did them all. Even though my nails were a hot mess I still thought they looked cute. So I put on a top coat and waited for it to dry. I then tried to clean up the skin around my nails the best I could. I sure as heck can't take this show on the road, but for my first time I think they look decent. I will try again with some better lighting and better nail polish. Hopefully next time it will take me less then an hour and a half.

To paint my nails I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme wear. I grabbed it since it was pretty cheap. I was not a fan. It was thick but in a bad way. Almost goopy. It dripped a lot and went on pretty rough. I don't think I will use it again. Next time I will spring for a more expensive polish. For the dots I used the I <3 nail art pen also by Sally Hansen. I really liked this pen and will be getting more to try other designs. For the top coat I used a strengthening top coat also by Sally Hansen since I have pretty weak nails. After a full day at the waterpark it was already starting to chip. Not sure if it is the top coat of the fact that I was in the water for over 6 hours. So I will reserve judgement until I use it again which should be soon because it has been 2 days and my nails are looking pretty rough. Toes still look great but they always last a lot longer.

No comments: