Sunday, January 11, 2015

Thai Gourmet Restaurant Ashland, VA

The Hubby had a hankering for Thai. We used to have a really good place back in MD so we were worried that a new place would not hit the spot like he wanted. I asked around at the front desk for some referrals and got a few ideas and then we hit up google for more reviews. We settled on a place close to the camp ground. Thai Gourmet Restaurant. They had a menu on-line which was important so we could all look it over before I went up and picked it up. We were hoping for a place that delivered but had no luck.
The Hubby ordered Pad Thai with chicken, I got Stir Fried Basil Leaves with Duck, Monkey and Cat Boy had Pad Thai Chicken as well, and The Boy had Thai Gourmet Fried Rice. I had asked for some Red Pepper Sauce on the side for The Hubby. I called and put in the order. The wait was not that long to go pick it up, around 20 mins. When I arrived our food was ready. I asked for Shrimp Chips which our Thai place in MD had. They are the round white cracker type things. They did not have any. This made Cat Boy VERY sad as he loves these. We all do, but he was especially bummed. He likes to have the same thing at each restaurant of that type (Autism fun), so he was expecting them when he found out we were having Thai. When we got home I realized they had not included the Red Pepper Sauce which bummed The Hubby out since he needed a bit more kick in the Pad Thai.
Overall this place was ok. The food was done fast and it was hot when I got it home. The Hubby said the Pad Thai was okay. I was not happy with my Stir Fried Basil Leaves with Duck. It was not what I was expecting. The taste was ok and the duck was very chewy. Monkey and Cat Boy enjoyed their Pad Thai. The Boy didn't care for his rice. We would not order from there again. There were other option in the area so we would keep looking for a place we enjoyed better.

No comments: