Saturday, August 17, 2013

King Cluck

Meet King Cluck.

He will soon be mummified. We are studying Mummies and what better way then to mummify something. Of course when I told The Hubby we were mummifying a  chicken he thought I meant some bacon wrapped chicken for dinner. Imagine his surprise when he came home to a blob on the fridge. LOL You can see above the items we used. We chose a Cornish Game Hen since it is smaller and will take less time and materials.



We used the rubbing alcohol to wash the hen off and kill the germs and hopefully lower the smell level.  Here you can see Monkey prepping King Cluck for his bath. Cat boy was going to bath him but even with the gloves he decided mom should do it.


Next we mixed 2 parts salt to 2 parts baking soda. We will check King Cluck every few days and replace this mixture whenever it starts to get wet. We used 4C salt and 2C baking soda. I think it was a tad much for our little hen but not by much. I think we might make a HUGE batch next time and then just use what we need each time we change it out.


Here is Monkey helping me load up the cavity with the mixture. We made sure he was nice and full and then both him and Cat Boy made sure the bottom of the bag and all of King Cluck was covered.




Here is King Cluck all covered. He will sit in the back for the next month or 2 on top of my fridge. When the mixture gets wet we will take him down, Clean him off and re-cover him. Of course I will blog that as well. For now I just hope he does not stink.

No comments: