Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Our Visit to The Bookshelf

So I had seen a used book store the other day when we were in the downtown area of Batesville. I loaded the kids in the car and we headed over to The Bookshelf. I will do pretty much anything to get them to read so I was hoping this would do the trick. I used to go to the kibrary on my bike growing up and come home with a backpack full of books. I just can't seem to get the kids to do that. Itry not to force it and I let them pick out their own stuff but they still don't have the interest I want them to. Please comment with your tips and tricks. I even tried a reward chart but that still didn't work. 

I had read on their website they had a lot of books but I was NOT expecting this. It is basically a giant maze of bookshelf, after bookshelf, after bookshelf just PACKED with books. Rory Gilmore would DIE in here.

We made our way upstairs to the young adult section and looked for some things. William was of course looking for books about cats but they were out of Warrior Cats book and we didn't find any other ones though he did pick some books out. I actually had the lady that was working come up and help us since there were SO MANY books there. Eric was driving me INSAINE! It was like pulling teeth to get that kid to just PICK A BOOK!!!! We finally got the Divergent series which I am hoping he will get into. 

Downstairs was the little kid section and Ashton picked up some books and Zoey ended up with two. She LOVES books but kept saying " I get that one later" and putting it back. LOL She kills me. Both her books were also cat books. 

They have a new section as well if you are looking for a new release. They take trades at 25% of the retail and sell them for 50% retail. They keep track of your spending for rewards and also trade in credit. All of their policies are clearly stated on their website. 

We really enjoyed our visit there and I look forward to stopping by when we are in the area again. 

Looking down just one of many paths. 

Books, books, and more books. This was the smaller kid section. 

No comments: