Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Hot Chicken and Cupcakes

So our first full day we ran up to Franklin. Eric had a massage and then we were going to head to the downtown Franklin area. Well, parking was hard to find and there was no way I was going to parallel park the massive van so we changed plans and went back to where all the main stores are to eat. We decided to try Bishop's Meat and 3 since they had Hot Chicken, a Nashville area staple, and boy were were glad we did. It is some of the best food we have had in a while. I will warn you though their hot is HOT. Both Eric and Eric ordered hot as they always do and both said it was to much. I was glad I stuck with medium. I got a breast and the skin was so crispy. I usually am not a white meat fan but this was really good. The boys got tenders and it was crispy as well. I didn't try the mac and cheese but that was because Zoey ate it all before I could. I had carrot souffle because it sounded interesting and I could have eaten the whole pan!!!! Think sweet potato casserole but better!!!! We will be back before we go for sure. Trying to convince the family to go on a Tuesday so I can get Liver and Onions.  Yep, I love liver.

Ashton got fried chicken, mac and cheese, and pinto beans. Loved it all.

Eric got HOT hot chicken and green beans. He said the beans were really good. 

William got fried chicken and chicken and dumplings which was excellent as well.

Zoey's KIDS meal! Fried chicken, Mac and cheese and cornbread muffin. 

My medium hot chicken, cornbread, and carrot souffle! OMG I could eat a whole pan of it!

Their menu for the week You can also find it in the link above. 


After dinner the kids begged to go next door to GiGi's Cupcakes. We went just to look but they had buy 5 cupcakes get one free. It was like a sign since there are 6 of us. So without being quite sure how we would manage to fit them in our stomachs we all ordered one. They were nice and moist and came with lots of frosting. Eric remembered the proper cupcake eating method and so some of us followed it. We took the bottom of the cupcake off and put it on top making an icing sandwich. Mmmmmm Me and my rolls were happy.



In case you didn't guess. Zoey got a princess cupcake. 

William got white Midnight Magic and so did Eric

They had no peanut ones today so we gave it a shot and Ashton got Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 

Eric got Midnight Magic Chocolate Chip

I got Chocolate Salted Caramel

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For future reference, we have a Gigi's here in Lexington as well. Just sayin...