Thursday, June 26, 2014

A monkey and a Lego

That is what kept me up till 3:30 this morning. So yesterday I went out with The Boy to King's Dominion to ridge some rides. We then went to the store and to Sonic before getting home just after 11. I got home, got everyone ready for bed and then got myself ready. I was sitting up in bed when Monkey comes in with a tear running down the right side of his face saying something is stuck in his nose and it is really big. I of course ask him if he put something up there. No, he tells me. There is just something up there. So we have him lay down and I start the fun of shining a light up his nose. Yeah that is the fun you get to have when you have kids. I see nothing, The Hubby sees nothing. We ask him again if he put something in there, tell him we will not be mad we just need to know. He admits, it is a lego, a small tiny, round lego. We have him blow his nose, over, and over, and over. We look again, nothing. He says he feels it down inside. Great, it is in his sinus cavity, super swell.

So I have him get dressed and I get dressed and off to the ER we go. We get there and I notice he is wearing a Lego shirt....REALLY KID?!?!? He looks at me with his Monkey grin and says....well at least these lego's can not fir up my nose......FACEPALM!!!!!!!!!! We get called back and the nurse looks, nothing. The PA looks, nothing. The Doctor looks, nothing. They get a nasal spray to open up the passengers and have him blow, and blow, and blow. They look again and finally can see something. the PA gets the tool and digs it out. She asks if we want to keep it. Money of course say ummmmm duh it's a Lego. I need it to build things......FACEPALM again! Then he tried to tell me we we didn't need to wash it. UMMMMM IT WAS UP YOUR NOSE! We are washing it!

Waiting for the nose spray
I asked him about 10 times WHY he did it. He doesn't know. He says his didn't know that his nose had a hole in the top that it would go into. Ok, I get that. But he is SIX. I figured by 6 he would know not to shove things in holes. I thought we were in the clean. I was wrong. Oh so very, very, wrong. Here is him and the nose lego.
Monkey and the nose lego

No comments: