Monday, August 22, 2011

Trying again

So my attempt to keep up with this blog has not gone well. LOL I am going t try yet again. We have been super busy around here. Cat Boy starts Kindergarten in 2 days, The Boy has already been starting his 2nd year of homeschooling and Monkey has just being seeing what he can get away with.

Like I mentioned The Boy has started school already. We got new curriculum this year and so far I am loving it. Science in particular has a ton of really cool labs which he is loving. He just loves science, especially when labs/experiments are involved.

The other day we made animal and plant cells out of jello and fruit! Of course all the boys got involved in this one and loved that they got to "eat science". Now I know animal cells are not orange but I have had that jello for EVER and wanted to use it up. LOL They green square is our plant cell with cut of grapes as chloroplasts and an orange slice for the nucleus. The orange circle is our animal cell with an orange slice for our nucleus as well. The kids thought cells were very yummy! When they were done Monkey mixed the two and told me he made a plant animal. LOL
The Boy also played kickball this summer. He loved every minute of it and can not wait till next summer. I of course wished it was not as hot but I was glad to see him happy again after the disaster of spring flag football. He was coached by our dear friends Erin and Russ who sadly are not going to coach next year. I only hope he gets a coach that cares as much about the kids as Erin and Russ do!

No comments: